Today, I was combining a set of images like so:
when I got error stating that
cache resources exhausted. I was first surprised because it was the same set of images I combined a couple of days before EXCEPT that I significantly increased their resolution. So I googled the error message and found this issue on the GitHub repository of ImageMagick.
Well, turns out it was not a issue at all, I simply needed to change the memory limit as explained here and well summarized in the issue:
[…] increasing the memory limit in
/etc/ImageMagic-6/policy.xmlworks for me.
So, all I had to do was to go to
/etc/ImageMagick-6 (with a k, there is a typo in the original comment quoted above) and
policy.xml: I changed
Given my 16GB of memory, I thought it was ok to bump up to 1GB my 😉!